PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced engine power nightmare

Old 07-17-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reduced engine power nightmare

Hello to all!! I could really use some help, I am having problems with the elusive reduced power scenario that seems to plague us all.. I have changed and cleaned my throttle body, cleaned the ground on the rear of the pass. head. I have added an extra body ground and also cleaned the ground under front of engine. I have also installed a new sensor on the side of the pedal. Still runs for a bit then BAM it's on!! I carry a code clearer with me and when it happens I clear the code, get it going and then set cruise, I have only had it come on once with cruise. I also accell my speed via cruise. I have also replaced the module on driver rear firewall, next to the hood hinge. I AM LOST AS WHAT TO DO NEXT!! Can any one help? I have heard I could have the ECM reprogrammed and making the codes a problem of the past. I have heard this is possible and also that HP tuners is an option.Does anyone have any suggestions on this?? Thanks for any and all help!!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of car? What codes are you getting? What new sensors did you install?
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Boosted vehicle?

Nobody should be seeing that with a stock, or NA vehicle.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, I have an 03 suburban 5.3. I have replaced the throttle body, Checked grounds, replace TAC module on firewall, Replaced the sensor on side of fuel pedal. I have performed tug test on throttle body plug with no change and all wires feel good, I see no signs of broken wire in plug. The pedal sensor was a Dorman as GM doesn't offer it without replacing the complete pedal. I was just wondering if I need to bite the bullett and replace with factory replacement or replace the Throttle plug in hopes that I am losing connection..Any suggestions??
Old 07-17-2013, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Are you Old Phart from OSA by any chance?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reduced engine power nightmare