What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

04 Mystic Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Mystic Cobra

I have been considering selling for a while now. #027 of 515. 41k. 2.76 and full bolt one. Have all stock parts. Car is not driven hard...hell its barely driven. Numerous "best in show" winner. What's a fair price to ask? I see 03-04s bring 20-25 with 45k and under but with 04 being the last year and only 5000 made and this being a mystic I'm not sure what to ask if I do pull the trigger and decide to sell...thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Honestly, the only thing that might stand out on your car (from what it sounds) is that its mystic chrome. The mileage and fact that its bolt on dont really help the price IMO. If you've won shows with it, it must be in good condition which is a big plus when selling, but i dont think that adds value to the car. Post some pics to help us out.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Low 20s, probably around 22-23 to the right person. While 41k miles isnt a lot its not really "low mile" for those cars.

My friend just bought a bone stock(factory tires and all) black 2004 with 3,900 miles on it for $24,000 last month.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

The Mystic is very desirable to some and it will add on some value for that person. I would consider it a 'plus' for you. While prices are all over the spectrum for these cars, I believe you should be in the $21,000 - $23,000 neighborhood for a real world actual selling price. I can't imagine anyone paying much more than that. You certainly can try but don't expect it as you can get much lower mileage cars for prices just north of $25,000, and even lower as mentioned above. You can't be in that same price range and expect a sale. As posted already, 41k is decent mileage but not crazy low that results in serious 'premiums'. If you do sell, best of luck!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Understandable. The car wasn't modified for the track or anything stupid like that it was modified for driveability. Was on its original tires until March of this year, hell still even has factory clutch that feels brand new. But I do get where you guys are coming from. IMO opinion this is the most desirable color though, I have seen people pay stupid money for them and I have seen them sell for dirt. It's hit and miss which is why I'm not sure on selling yet or not. Buying a black one for $24k doesn't really tell me much of anything because one of the most common colors you see is black. The mystic cars were numbered not only for the color but also the SVT certificates which makes them even more rare.

And yes, the car is in as close to mint condition as possible. The interior is perfect, the mystic color on the steering wheel and seats is unfaded/unblemished and the exterior has a rock chip under the passenger headlight about the size of a needle tip. Literally no one ever notices it until I point it out...Draw backs to owning the car...you know everything lol
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Teching In

not to mention I get where you guys are coming from was just curious due to that the price fluctuates so drastically around here in this area. Typically a 03-04 cobra with under 50k goes up for sale for around 25-26 and sells for around 23k. Molested, rode hard at the track cars seem to for some god forsaken reason bring just as much, if not more money...I guess people are lazy these days and dont want to build their own bullshit.

Hence why I was sorta thinking starting high say around $30k since the car is VERY well documented, possibly even putting it back to stock to scare off the retards who are afraid of a few bolt-ons. And being very happy when it brings $25-27500
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by straws88
not to mention I get where you guys are coming from was just curious due to that the price fluctuates so drastically around here in this area. Typically a 03-04 cobra with under 50k goes up for sale for around 25-26 and sells for around 23k. Molested, rode hard at the track cars seem to for some god forsaken reason bring just as much, if not more money...I guess people are lazy these days and dont want to build their own bullshit.

Hence why I was sorta thinking starting high say around $30k since the car is VERY well documented, possibly even putting it back to stock to scare off the retards who are afraid of a few bolt-ons. And being very happy when it brings $25-27500
No disrespect intended but I just cant see 25-27k for your car with 40k miles on it. Your mileage is lower but not low enough to justify that kind of premium. Your color is rare but as the saying goes, mileage to cars is the location to real estate.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Teching In

I get all that, I'm just trying to wrap my head around why MOLESTED 03-04 cobras sell for 20-25ish all day here with 50k+ chasis but low mile motors. Hence my reservations about selling.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea if you wanna list it for 30k your more then able to but I wouldnt expect it to move. I paid 24k for my 10th anniversary turbo car with 2500 dollar BBS wheels and every possible thing done. Not to mention it had 22k miles on it when i got it last year.

Quick Reply: 04 Mystic Cobra