Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What am I looking at? Clutch line

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What am I looking at? Clutch line

I have the common pedal sticking problem on my 99 t56. I ordered a tick master and go to take the old unit out and I see this. I have no idea what I'm looking at because it doesn't look like anything I've seen on how to reads. I've tried to search but I couldn't find the same fitting. Maybe just wrong phrasing.

Everything I've seen has a rubber hose at the fitting and has the white clip. This appears to be just a line/fitting going into the brass collar. I've tried to push/pull on the collar and nothing. I've also tried to crack the bleeder loose thinking that might help but I can't get anything on the bleeder. It seems like its butted to the right lower corner of the access hole and won't allow me to get anything on it. I read that it's a 11mm bleeder, correct? I tried a 1/4 rachet with a shallow 11mm and couldn't make it happen.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like it's been mangled by something, and the plastic disconnect is missing...I believe you need that disconnect to pull the line...not sure if you can buy one separate or maybe just use a proper size fuel injection disconnect tool
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're looking at a messy master cylinder line...that looks like solder? And if you heat it up you'll melt the plastic collar unless you heat and remove the solder I can barely make out the plastic collar...but its there.

i'm not sure how handy you are but if you can back out the transmission a little bit...enough to get at the slave cylinder (only two 10mm bolts hold it) then it may be less headache for you to remove the slave cylinder and master cylinder as a unit. install the tick master cylinder and a new slave with a speed bleeder...and you will not lose any more hair over this.

Last edited by brigade24; 07-18-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Teching In

I think it's just mashed up from someone previously. I'm not sure if it will work but I grabbed some ac/fuel line plastics and a metal tool version as well that I'm going to try. The fab doesn't look large enough between the male and female fitting though.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Update...

I finally got it apart and got the tick master in. It's amazing how bad things can get in the wrong hands.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good stuff. what did you do?
Old 07-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Teching In

I tried plastic and metal ac tools but they wouldn't fit between the two. I ended stealing the plastic from the new line because I noticed that it tapers to a paper thin point at the end. It was just enough to squeeze in and then use a plastic ac tool behind it to push. Popped right off.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

nice, let us know if the Tick fixes your issue...I'm having the same sticky pedal issue, Tick M/C on order

Quick Reply: What am I looking at? Clutch line