Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

T/A won't start :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default T/A won't start :(

Hey guys. So I've currently got my T/A in storage and I went to start it up to move it yesterday. Here's the breakdown:

The battery won't hold a charge whatsoever. It's a 6 month old Optima Red Top. When I hook the car up to another car to jump it, everything works (lights, dash, headlamps etc) but the car won't start. The starter clicks rapidly and the car sometimes wants to turn over but won't fully start. I've tried charging the car with jumper cables for over a half hour and it still won't hold a charge.

When I get out of work I'm gonna take the battery out and have it tested, but since it's almost brand new I can't imagine it's the battery. I also changed out the IGN relays to no avail. They also didn't look blown. If it's not the battery, I'm thinking maybe battery cables are shot? Any suggestions/input is greatly appreciated. This weather is too nice right now not to drive around with the t-tops off
Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

may sound simple, but take the batt terminals off and clean them really well, scrape just a little, may not be getting a solid connection when jumping or off ur batt. moisture sucks

Quick Reply: T/A won't start :(