Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt-on Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt-on Review

The truck is a 2000 Silverado 2500 6.0L 4L80E 4x4. It now has perfectly working LS1 fans, SLP cold air intake, Hooker Long tube headers into x with dual flowmaster 40 series mufflers and a mail order tune from Vengeance Racing in Atlanta. All of this seemed to help alot, but I think a cam is now in order since this did not quite meet my expectations. I have only put about 10 miles on it since all of this work was done, but I doubt my thoughts will change.

I have seen a 408 build with the GM hot cam making 400hp to the wheels in a camaro, and an article on some website (gm performance maybe?) using the hot cam with L92 heads making over 400hp on a engine dyno. Anyone here have this cam on a stock displacement/head LQ4? Looking for some round about numbers before I decided to go this route.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Its a pretty outdated cam give texas speed a call they will have what your looking for and meet your goals with the truck. With a big truck like that the hotcam will lose torwue where you need it most. I have a z71 and to get what I really need out of it would be a magnacharger to get 400 rearwheel with a 5.3.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 AM
Teching In

DUDE, I grew up in Pampa! Most of my cousins and both siblings live in Amarillo now. Unfortunately they are not into LS vehicles (or cars in general.) Thanks for the advice. I have been looking at the stage 2.5 LS6head/cam package from TSP, but I just have not decided if I want to spend that kind of cash on a setup for my motor when I could spend a little less and get another bike to meet my speed needs. Tough decision to make . The truck is for play only, though I do end up driving it more that my "daily driver."

Quick Reply: Bolt-on Review