Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-body Swap Driveline Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A-body Swap Driveline Vibration

I have a 67' Tempest that I performed an LS1/TH400 swap into, the car runs excellent, but a few months ago I swapped in a new rear end with 3.73's and an Eaton Posi unit. I had to change u-joints on the rear end side because of the type of yoke on the rear end. We also put in new boxed upper and lower control arms, Eibach lowering springs and new KYB shocks when I did the rear end install.

Ever since I did the install I've had a driveline vibration that kicks in about 40+mph. Before I dive into finding the cause I wanted to pick everyone's brain as to the most likely cause so I can zero in on the issue.

My #1 thought is pinion angle on rear end is the issue. THOUGHTS???
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

In this video you can hear the vibration as I slow down

Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I would zero in on both the trans and rear pinon angles to see where you are. Might also have the drive shaft checked or re-balanced.

I had some vibration lately at around 75mph. I have the u-joints replaced and shaft balanced. The shop said it was pretty far out and after, most of the vibration was gone

Might also check the wheel/tires to see if the check out to be balanced OK.

BC
Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bczee
Yeah, I would zero in on both the trans and rear pinon angles to see where you are. Might also have the drive shaft checked or re-balanced.

I had some vibration lately at around 75mph. I have the u-joints replaced and shaft balanced. The shop said it was pretty far out and after, most of the vibration was gone

Might also check the wheel/tires to see if the check out to be balanced OK.

BC
Wheels and tires are new and I forgot to add that I'm running a bigger drag radial out back now as well that was not there before the rear end swap. I'll snag an angle finder on my way home from work and see where its at. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: A-body Swap Driveline Vibration