Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pepering plugs need some help from the pros

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pepering plugs need some help from the pros

got my first good pass from the car couple weeks back but pulled the plugs and had some pepering on them. its ms3 cam 150 shot on tr6's gapped at 30 car went from 7.80 to 7.01 6.80's on bottle with this tight converter im swapping for a looser one now. i think it picked up pretty good.

i dropped some br7's in now gapped 32 u guys think it will eliminate the pepering ???

i have standalone fuel cell im feeding the the nirtous threw a low pressure system with 110 octane. witch im going to lower to 104. now i feel like im over on the octane.

would like the big boy to shim in here thanks
Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

also my jets are .062n / .048 @ 10psi of fuel
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no one?
Old 07-25-2013, 09:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

i think its because the answer can be found so easily with a search, but ill say ya you should of been running at least a br7 from the get go. the tr6 is a projected tip plug, and the br7 is a non-projected, that helps alot when spraying nitrous. i have b8efs (br8ef) in my cammed 5.3 and spray a 200 shot .030 gap. your gap should be fine too though
Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lsxTAlemy
got my first good pass from the car couple weeks back but pulled the plugs and had some pepering on them. its ms3 cam 150 shot on tr6's gapped at 30 car went from 7.80 to 7.01 6.80's on bottle with this tight converter im swapping for a looser one now. i think it picked up pretty good.

i dropped some br7's in now gapped 32 u guys think it will eliminate the pepering ???

i have standalone fuel cell im feeding the the nirtous threw a low pressure system with 110 octane. witch im going to lower to 104. now i feel like im over on the octane.

would like the big boy to shim in here thanks
What is your NA timing and what are you taking out for a 150? I agree with the poster above the initial plugs were wrong. Have you pulled a plug since? Whats your A/F look like?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boostit5.3
i think its because the answer can be found so easily with a search, but ill say ya you should of been running at least a br7 from the get go. the tr6 is a projected tip plug, and the br7 is a non-projected, that helps alot when spraying nitrous. i have b8efs (br8ef) in my cammed 5.3 and spray a 200 shot .030 gap. your gap should be fine too though
all i found was based on timing nothing on plugs with pepering. so i just put the question up. im asking to see if it a possibility being the plug. i don't want to hurt the motor and hate how the 7s run on the street. ill get used to it.

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
What is your NA timing and what are you taking out for a 150? I agree with the poster above the initial plugs were wrong. Have you pulled a plug since? Whats your A/F look like?
my timing is 24 all the time im running my nitrous tune all the time. afr i don't know im open headers so my wide band is not reading at this time. i dropped the 7's in but haven't sprayed the 7's yet. so i don't know what they look like yet. i put my new converter in old one feels too tight and i put the question up cuz im going out to the track this Friday. hoping to not see any pepering and get some bullets with turn downs to get my wide band reading. when i was tuning with my tuner with my old exhaust wide band was 12.0 ***** out and on the juice was 11.5 but was pulling on the rail back then with a 100 shot.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:14 AM
FormerVendor

Granted those plugs weren't the correct choice, I don't think this "peppering" is coming from the plug itself. Is the peppering black or silver? If its black you're rich if its silver you have detonation and need to pull more timing. Thats really all I can think of without a wideband reading or looking at the plugs myself.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Granted those plugs weren't the correct choice, I don't think this "peppering" is coming from the plug itself. Is the peppering black or silver? If its black you're rich if its silver you have detonation and need to pull more timing. Thats really all I can think of without a wideband reading or looking at the plugs myself.
Yup. OP I'd like to see what you consider is "peppering". Have any pics of the plug or anything? Also 24 degrees is a decent amount of timing for what you are doing
Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the pepering is a blackish brown color. im hoping to get the mufflers to see the the afrs are. gotta get this thing running right i have to run an lt1 240 with 150 shot.

Originally Posted by camscam02
Yup. OP I'd like to see what you consider is "peppering". Have any pics of the plug or anything? Also 24 degrees is a decent amount of timing for what you are doing
what i considered pepering is black ish brown spots on porcelain of the plug. i don't have any pictures of them i threw them away already. i might run that 240 on bottle and then go threw the plugs and see what happen. its a lil grudge match kinda were boys but he says it a grudge match. so i want the car running tip top. i might wack it before the race to see what the plugs look like.... the car feels strong on initial hit and then i get like a noticeable surge but im thinking its from the bottle not being heated cause in the day time when its hot out there no surge at all...
Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

the pepering is a blackish brown color. im hoping to get the mufflers to see the the afrs are. gotta get this thing running right i have to run an lt1 240 with 150 shot.

what i considered pepering is black ish brown spots on porcelain of the plug. i don't have any pictures of them i threw them away already. i might run that 240 on bottle and then go threw the plugs and see what happen. its a lil grudge match kinda were boys but he says it a grudge match. so i want the car running tip top. i might wack it before the race to see what the plugs look like.... the car feels strong on initial hit and then i get like a noticeable surge but im thinking its from the bottle not being heated cause in the day time when its hot out there no surge at all...
Feel free to call or pm me and I can help you with the tune-up.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Launching!

u need to get the wideband hooked up and see whats going on... post pics of the plugs
Old 07-27-2013, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Feel free to call or pm me and I can help you with the tune-up.
ok thanks man i was hoping to get it running right today but i haven't been able to get the bullets muffler one to get the wide band reading

Originally Posted by GIMPY02
u need to get the wideband hooked up and see whats going on... post pics of the plugs
wide bands installed i just need to hook up the mufflers so it reads right. im going to see how much i can do today hope u can run this guy...

Quick Reply: pepering plugs need some help from the pros