Sponsored by:

SES light but no DTC's after M6-A4 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light but no DTC's after M6-A4 swap

So I did my M6-4L80E swap. I got a Frost tune for the swap. The tranny goes through each gear. I also did the TransGo shift kit to the tranny and got a 3000/3200 Circle d converter. The shifts aren't that firm and sometimes will bang the rev limiter hard. The shifts are supposed to be set at 6k under WOT.

Now here is the latest problem. I have a SES light on. I plugged in to check the code and it said no DTC's set. Checked history and no codes in history either. So I tried to check a different way with the reader and it says can't communicate with the ecm. Any Ideas?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The only way to know is download the tune and see whats going on. The ODBII port shares the cigarette lighter fuse, are you getting power to the ODBII plug?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 AM
MFJ
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did check the fuse yesterday. I ended up using my Genysis from work and pulled the codes and cleared them. They were both o2 codes P0131 and P0151. I know what caused those codes. i was hoping there was a tranny code but nope.

So I recorded the tranny data and drove the car. It's an internal tranny problem. It's being commanded to shift but at WOT the 1-2 shift avg's 1.42 seconds for it to complete the shift. The 2-3 shift avg's .94 secs. I need a rebuild on the tranny.

Quick Reply: SES light but no DTC's after M6-A4 swap