Sponsored by:

Strange car activity -- LPE 58x - 24x converter

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange car activity -- LPE 58x - 24x converter

Hey guys,

Swung out to pick up a new car this past weekend and ran into some issues. The car ran great all morning, drove it around, dynoed it(620/530 - 11.5 A/F). As I was just about to make my trip back the car came to a stop light and died. It would crank and try to turn over but would catch fuel. Finally it stopped trying all together. Let it sit for 5-10minutes and the car would crank back up only to repeat the symptoms again 200 yards down the road.

It was almost 100* outside and the car was very erratic. It is a 05 C6 with an ls3 conversion, pro charger d1sc, hp tuners tune and a gm hotcam. The car had been operating without issue until yesterday.

The only thing that we can think of at the point is the LPE conversion module has went bad, as it also threw a crash aft position code upon pulling the diagnostics.

It should be noted that it is indeed the TRG-002 model, which was built to resolve some previous heat soak issues. I'm curious as to if this still occurs on the newer units under extreme temperatures.

Everything else on the car looked okay, timing, fuel trims, etc.

Has anyone had an experience with the conversion modules going bad? I'm scratching my head right now trying to figure out why it crapped the bed so suddenly.

Last edited by jmp51483; 07-27-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Strange car activity -- LPE 58x - 24x converter