Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Racing a 440 GTX

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racing a 440 GTX

My cousins been bragging about this car for a couple years saying that i would have "no chance" of beating him but seeing how i own an ls1 i finally called him out on it.The guy says he runs in the 12s' at 4000ft and can get into the 11s' at sea level.The fastest i've ever run was a 12.93 at low elevation.I'm guessing it's a stalled automatic with drs'.So my question is...how much of an advantage do you guys think that i'll have if i race him from a roll at about the top of his stall?and will it be enough?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF he is telling the truth about how fast his car is, the variables on how he got it to that time are no numerous to count: is it a big power car with crap traction? 120+mph trap speeds but horrible 60' times? Or is it like you think, a geared/stalled/drag radial equipped track car that pulls 1.4 60' times but doesn't have the power to do a roll. Most likely somewhere in the middle IMO.

IF he is guessing what he thinks it should run based on some other guys hero runs and really has no slips to back it up, then you can assume he is fairly stock and you should be able to walk him. Hopefully.

Just don't run your mouth and don't believe a word about what his mods are until after you raced - and then he probably will try to lie to you anyways so still don't believe him. lol
Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well yeah.My car can't launch worth crap and i ran a 12.9....if my car was setup to launch perfectly i would probably be in the low twelves right along with him.And a roll will mimic that but what will he lose from a roll....besides his 60 footer?

Quick Reply: Racing a 440 GTX