Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Installed Tick to my Spec 3... No likey

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Tick to my Spec 3... No likey

I had been having trouble shifting at higher RPMs and have a SPEC stage 3 clutch. I Installed the tick and problem was gone. However, I really hate the clutch. It is barely streetable. I wanted to be able to hold more power later but the pedal has almost no travel. It had little travel before but after the Tick it is even shorter and stiffer. Would bleeding it give me any more travel? I love the tick btw, shifts faster than I ever thought possible. If anyone was thinking about SPEC 3 for even an every other day driver, DON'T DO IT!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:43 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dejavu all over again. Damn someone needs to create a sticky stating puck clutches suck for street use.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WRD hit the nail on the head...pucked clutches are never going to be as friendly to daily drive as hybrid or full-faced discs. This is relative to the reduced surface area and higher friction coefficient. The stiffer pedal and change in travel that you mention are relative to the Master and you can adjust it to help a bit with throw but effort will always be greater when using a higher volume Master. You can of course move to another disc option. Give me a call and we can talk about the available discs and see what we can work out.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Where is the clutch pedal relative to the brake pedal? Level it with the brake pedal or just slightly beneath it, should help some with the travel issues.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wrd1972
Dejavu all over again. Damn someone needs to create a sticky stating puck clutches suck for street use.
This^

Quick Reply: Installed Tick to my Spec 3... No likey