Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

need cam tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need cam tuning help

Alright so starting tomorrow i am going to start the work to install a cam on my 02" t/a. the cam i bought is, http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/ , i also have stage 2 cnc heads (stock sizes), 45lb injectors, 1 7/8 headers, that i will be installing.

the question i have is, what tune modifications will i have to make for the engine to run properly after the cam. I have the tuner, and i plan on getting it dyno tuned, but I'm in El Paso Texas, and working on a time constraint to get this car up and running after it is cammed, and this is the only time i will be able to do it.

So does anyone know of if I'm able to make a tuning adjustment off the stock tune, that will allow the car to run w/o risk of hurting anything, where i could buy a tune to run properly, or of a good place in El Paso, Texas, to get it dyno tuned?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Just put a wide band on it and see if the fuel trims get it to run at 14.7 and dont push it into power enrichment until you get it tuned. Make sure you disconnect your battery to reset the trims though.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Launching!

Dont know the size cam that your installing... but Your going to haver to play buy year. What tuner. What size cam. Idle issues. automatic or M6 Etc. There are some things you can adjust and make better but to a certain point. Contact me if you need help
Old 11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Teching In

good question as I am nearing my build end and need to have a tune.i wanna hear it run before I take it to the tuners....ned to check for leaks and such lol

Quick Reply: need cam tuning help