Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot LS6 heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot LS6 heads

So I bought a used car from a dealer.

I ran into the previous owner and learned alot about the car I bought.

I picked up HP tuners to retune the car as it doesnt run great. I found out it used to have a Supercharger. The tune is setup more for that and was made to run without for the sale.

I know it has a SLP lid, 03 ZO6 cam, stock intake and injectors, full exhaust, and that it has LS6 patriot heads....however there are multiple types of heads.

I dont see any obvious marks as to which it might be and I can seem to find anything online.

Im trying to figure it out as tuning the car if I understand this correctly can be badly affected if I tune for one head over another. Anyways if it doesnt really matter thats cool too.

Last edited by silent_soul; 08-03-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Not quite sure I'm understanding but it sounds like you are thinking you need to know what heads it has to tune...

But the car will be tuned based on the air/fuel it needs and the timing that makes the most power. Knowing what parts are present is irrelevant unless you were trying to get a mail order tune, which I would not advise on a heads/cam/bolt on car.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what he said

Quick Reply: Patriot LS6 heads