LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 is misfiring bad!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 is misfiring bad!

Okay i drove my lt1 last night and it started misfiring a little, and when i parked it and went to go crank it up , it wouldn't start, then when we finally got it to start it made an explosion noise. Then today i bought gas treatment for my gas because i figured it had water in it. then when i pumped gas at a different gas station it didn't start at all and when we finally got it to start it was misfiring horribly and had a misfiring noise from the engine. Also water came out of the exhaust tips. I had to tow it home.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

C25 -

It could be the gas - I got 10 gallons of 93 rated crap at a BP in SC - it ran so bad I had to put 4 bottles of dry gas in it, then only rev it up to 3k - any more than that and it would break up really bad!

When I had room in the tank, I added 8 gallons of 107 Turbo Blue unleaded - Problem Solved!

(Oh, it could be a clogged fuel filter issue as well.)

However, if the driveability issue cannot be correlated to a recent fill-up, then your most likely issues are: An Opti, and Opti-to-Engine Harness 4-pin extension harness, an ICM, your coil, or a wiring harness (Open / Short to Ground / etc...) issue.

Check the 4 pin at the top of your Opti first - you might get lucky - and that may be your only issue.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: LT1 is misfiring bad!