Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My clutch just went out, help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My clutch just went out, help!

Like 2 hours ago I was driving and upon shifting to third something popped or broke and my clutch stuck to the floor. I pulled over and the clutch came Back up but I lost some pressure and I can't shift into any gears. It's a 2001 camaro ss T56. When off I can put it into gear but on I can't. The gears seem locked.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ugh, sucks man. Look in the master cylinder resavior under the hood. Is it low or empty? If so it's most likely a Master or Slave issue. To test the master you can lift the pedal off the floor, jack up the car and go under and disconnect the master from the slave. Go back up into the car and put some pressure on the pedal. If the master is working right the pedal shouldn't budge. If you rule that out you can rule that out as possibly the Slave. Check for leaks as well under the dash by the master, and under the car by the bell housing.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned above I would try to narrow it down to a hydraulic or mechanical failure and report back. Feel free to call me, Chris 817-750-2000
Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, me and I friend will go jack it up right now and look. I managed to tow it to my house at 2am and now I just need to see what really happend. If it helps to rule out some mechanical things. The trans does have a skip shift connects to the solenoid

Quick Reply: My clutch just went out, help!