What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

96 Camaro SS how much to pay?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Camaro SS how much to pay?

currently negotiating on a 96 Camaro SS, seller is asking for $8250 he wont go any lower than $7600 and will include smog. Is he asking for too much? I'll be happy to pay $7600 though don't want to over pay neither.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

you could get a decent ls1 4thgen for that price. depending on the mileage of the car id go lower or pass on it
Old 08-06-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At that price it really depends on the overall condition of the car and the mileage. If the mileage is pretty low and the car is in very nice shape it's not a bad price...but still probably a little on the high side. Yes you can get an LS car for that...but the LT1 SS cars are still very desirable.

What it really comes down to though is what are you willing to pay for it. If you like it and are good with the price...that's really all that matters...of course if you ever go to sell it you don't want to lose out big either.

One thing to make sure of though is that it has all the correct SLP mods. I've seen multiple SLP Firehawks for sale that don't have the right wheels, or SLP exhuast or even the correct hood. I look at those as Formula's. So if the SS does not have all the correct parts that make it an SS I see that as a z28 that used to be an SS and would not pay SS price for it.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my lt1 but I've put alot of money into it I won't get back plus finding a reliable tuner is a job in itself if you don't know how to do it yourself like me. Ls motors on the other hand have a plethora of aftermarket parts available
Old 08-06-2013, 07:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by z28boycali
currently negotiating on a 96 Camaro SS, seller is asking for $8250 he wont go any lower than $7600 and will include smog. Is he asking for too much? I'll be happy to pay $7600 though don't want to over pay neither.
No one can answer this without details. You have given us nothing to make an educated guess or even offer an opinion. At least give the mileage and condition, and if the title is clear. Does the car need things, like tires, or any repairs? Without details we can only throw meaningless numbers at you. That does absolutely no good for such an important purchase.

Quick Reply: 96 Camaro SS how much to pay?