Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

LY6 Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LY6 Options

I plan on picking up a 55K mile complete LY6 with harness & computer in a couple of days to swap into my fox body mustang. This will be my first time ever working with a LSx based engine so bare with me. My plans are a cam swap, intake swap & some sort of turbo set-up. This will be a street/strip car. I have a few questions that maybe you fellas can help me with.

Should I stick with the 58x or convert it to 24x?

Should I stick with a VVT Cam or LS2 timing swap? Do they offer VVT Cams for a Turbo Set-Up?

Should I stick with DBW or swap to a Cable Set-Up?

What Transmission do you guys recommend for the swap that would handle the extra power & torque? I'd like something with a Over Drive.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should I stick with the 58x or convert it to 24x?
58x you can tune it better. *PCM is better

Should I stick with a VVT Cam or LS2 timing swap? Do they offer VVT Cams for a Turbo Set-Up? They probably do but keep it simple

Should I stick with DBW or swap to a Cable Set-Up?
If you have T/B and peddle and every thing for DBW why not but you could keep it simple and get maybe a 102t/b for your FAST intake I'm just saying it probably would work better if you kept it simple.

What Transmission do you guys recommend for the swap that would handle the extra power & torque? I'd like something with a Over Drive.
Probably a 4l60 or 4l80 but remember the 80 is larger TRUST ME I have 4l80 my trans tunnel will have to be reworked. Also the 4l80 is a lot stronger if your over 700hp the 60 will need reworking 80 could take it a lot longer in standard form.
Also look in Popular Hot Rodding for LS Fox body they show how they converted the WHOLE car from gas meter conversion to everything. you should be able to look it up on there site. They would get the car to LS1-5.7 9.90 with nos and pretty much stock the story is called : THE ORPHAN

Quick Reply: LY6 Options