What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 som z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 som z28

Im thinking of selling my Camaro for a new project next month after I get back from Deployment...Heres the specs and Info. What would you pay for it?

Car...
85k mile 2002 Camaro z-28, Sunset Orange with Black Hardtop. Car was Auto but I recently converted it to a 6-speed!
I am the 3rd owner. Was owned 1 month from I believe the Second Owner. The car is Considered a "Lemon" Due to the car having to be brought back to the deal numerous times for
a AC issue. My understanding is that it was all replaced. It blows cold as hell. never had issues with it. Im taking it in for a better tune at Lashway Performance in Miami for the speed swap and to see if I can squeeze more power out of it...
Engine......

Aftermarket Intake
K&N Air Filter
Ford Racing 42lb Injectors
MSD Super Conductor Wires
PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L CNC Ported Heads http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1172-pr...ted-heads.aspx
Cometic Head Gasket .040 thickness
Stock Rockers
Manely Push Rods.
LS7 Lifters
LS2 Lifter Trays
Pacesetter Coated Headers (Coating flaking off)
Texas-Speed True Dual exhaust. http://www.texas-speed.com/p-372-tex...true-dual.aspx
Prothane Poly Engine Mounts
Aftermarket water temp guage
Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Guage on fuel Rail
Battery has been reloacted to the trunk, passenger side.

Drive-Train Converted From Auto!...

-Upgraded t-56 w/ Bronze pads, steel 3-4 shift fork, billet keys 1-4 and upgraded thicker key springs
-Monster Stage 3 Clutch kit with 28lb billet flywheel, just broken-in.. about 500 miles.
http://www.monsterclutches.com/shop/...y-package.html
-Tick Performance Master Cylinder
-Upgraded Single Person Speed Bleeder from Tick
-Slaves is new from the Clutch Kit.
-Hust shifter handle on Stock base, Shifts smooth!

Interior.....

-Looks stock besides the Shifter and water temp guage. The interior is all Black ebony Leather and plastics.
-No rear seats (Worthless in my opinion.)
-Driver Seat has a small tear in the left side.
-Ceiling material on the driver side is sagging a little, been like that for a loooong time. Don't think it got any worse over 4 years.
-Small half inch crack in the Dash on driver side, can't really notice it.
- Driver window and rear hatch could use new window Tint.

Exterior...

- "Bump" Molding on the sides doors and fenders was removed a while back, after I bought the car.
-Sunset Orange paint, black roof still shines new after 12 years. Ive always taken good care of it, Clay baring, waxing and washing frequently.
-Roof has the legendary Bubbles in the Sail panels and roof. Not much you can do about that.
- Flat Black Berger panel. I have the original still, pick which one you want.
- Hood has normal paint chips, overall with the roof killing the score, I give the paint a 8/10.

Wheels
C-4 zr1 black 5-spoke 9.5s all around with practically new Nitto nt05's.

Rear has 3.42s from factory
relocation Brackets

MIGHT OF LEFT SOMETHING OUT!

Couple pics

Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default 10,500

So would 10,500$ be to much for asking price or would that be about right? Looking for feedback. Or if anyone is interested its going up for sale next Month.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunsetmaro
So would 10,500$ be to much for asking price or would that be about right? Looking for feedback. Or if anyone is interested its going up for sale next Month.
Nice looking car with quite a list of 'goodies' but the minute you said it is a 'lemon' forget about $10,500. I hate to say this but that lemon label stays with the Camaro just like a salvage title, and very few will buy that car, never mind pay that kind of money. Your honesty in describing the car is refreshing and everyone here thanks you for that.
Ask whatever you like but I seriously doubt you will come within $3,000 of what you hoped for unless a very naïve buyer inquires. The market interested in your modded car, with a switched tranny yet, is ultra limited as it is. A real tough sell but certainly I wish you the best of luck!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default thanks!

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Nice looking car with quite a list of 'goodies' but the minute you said it is a 'lemon' forget about $10,500. I hate to say this but that lemon label stays with the Camaro just like a salvage title, and very few will buy that car, never mind pay that kind of money. Your honesty in describing the car is refreshing and everyone here thanks you for that.
Ask whatever you like but I seriously doubt you will come within $3,000 of what you hoped for unless a very naïve buyer inquires. The market interested in your modded car, with a switched tranny yet, is ultra limited as it is. A real tough sell but certainly I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks for your input! I never would of thought the lemon for a A/C problem would turn buyers away..You have a point. I just hope someone can look past that issue, not like a salvage where the Integrity of the vehicle is compromised. If anyone reads this. The a/C works great! Lol. Not any issues sense ive owned it! Again thanks for the input and if anyone is interested in the car, its for sale after I get the tune on it or 400$ off a deal for it..thats my quote for a tune from. Lashway here in south florida.

Quick Reply: 2002 som z28