Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 swap issues need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 swap issues need some opinions

I just finished my ls1 Sonoma. Couldn't of done it with out the help of a lot of you guys on here. Finally fired it up and doesn't seem to idle very well and trans wont shift in auto and it wont shift manually from 1st to 2nd but shifts from 2-3 and 3-4 but no 1st to 2nd.

Now here's the deal. I have a 5.3 that has .030 off the heads. Ls6 intake and trick flow cam on a 112lsa. Cant remember duration I believe close to 228r cam. My builder still has cam card. (I understand idle wont be good till the tuner does his thing). Trans is out of an 00 Camaro along with the modified fbody harness and computer is one he gave me from a mail order company supposedly fbody operating system while he deletes vats on mine. and I swapped an 8.8 in it with 4:30 gears. So I know speedo is off in the pcm and my dash is way off. at 30mph dash says 100mph..

I have two questions. A. Will the tune mess up the manual shifting of 1st to 2nd since speedo is off or should I look into something else. I don't plan on messing with anything till the truck is tuned but just wandering the thoughts. Tuner seems to think its on my end not the computer. Meaning my harness or tranny. But shifted ok in donor car

2nd question I now there are a lot of these swaps out there. Does anyone have any settings or instruction on getting dash gauges to read correct. my tuner seems unfamiliar with fixing gauge functions. Truck started as a 2.2l 4L60e. The tach seems to read correct and coolant temp and oil pressure and volts all ok. My speedo isn't even close and gas gauge is off too.

Any help is great.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He uses hptuners

Quick Reply: Ls1 swap issues need some opinions