PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?

Sorry, I did search for this and couldn't find what I need to solve the problem. downside of having SO MUCH information on this site!

I'm finishing a long... 2003 z06 (6spd) build, I was doing a last minute inspection and realized I don't have anything plugged into my oil level sensor! I looked all over the passenger side of the car for the harness and have concluded it must have been torn off during one of the three engine pulls this rebuild took. I'm an idiot, I do want a working idiot light, and don't want a nagging check gauges light. (aka don't want to hear the splice together wires, ignore it or disable bulb in dash)

I'm trying to find out a few things, hopefully I can fix this without pulling motor a 4th time:
1. Which loom should the Low Oil harness come out of? (02's and Starter looms are in that general area, both are PITA to reach as they are already tucked and tied would rather only have to undo one if possible.)
2. What color are the wires, and which side do they go on assuming clip tang is up? (Just humor me here please, if I find the wires in loom I won't know which goes to what side of the sensor, the clip head would have stood out if it were still in the car so I'v deduced it to have been uh... removed.) ;
3. Anyone got an 03 PCM pinout diagram? All I have found are 99,00,01, my worst case idea is to find pins on pcm side of harness, hook up an ethernet tone generator and chase it out in the looms, if that doesn't work I'll just splice right off pcm and run it separately (ugly).

Thanks, I'm sure I'm not the first to magically misplace my oil level harness and male clip. There has to be a way to fix this, I just need the correct info to do so. Then after three long painful years, I may have a c5 z06 and not a garage eating husk of a C5 Z06. Never doing another C5 again... ever... ever... EVER!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I know on some of the harnesses it comes down around the front of the motor along with the AC compressor wiring and continues on to the starter, I'm not sure if the Corvette follows suit or not
Old 08-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wires are brown and black. For some reason I seem to be thinking it is to the front of the engine?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Teching In

1 step forward 2 steps back... definition of this project.

Thanks for the replies, so Brown and Black that's a start; which goes to what side of the clip? I don't think it's in the front of the engine bay on a C5, I think it snakes down between starter and 02's from behind the passenger head where two main Harness bundles live. Only way it would fit and not be resting on a header. Maybe comes out under the fuse box, I don't know.

At this point the whole front push bar area is out of the car (Smog pump/fans/radiator/ic/coolant tank,water meth stuff, air dams, air ducts, inner fenders, etc); Argh, so tired of pulling pats off and putting them back on.

I'm 100% sure it's not in the front of the engine bay on my car (it might supposed to be, but it ain't there no more), I tape labeled all my electronics when I did the original pull 3 years ago. The tags are not legible and all the leftover clips are obvious and marked as *1 Maf *2 Fan1 *3 Fan2 *4 Air Pump *5 IAT *6 Outside Air Temp that's all that's up there. Each clip has a home.

I'm also 100% sure it's been ripped off the harness, I found a chunk of harness with a crushed clip on the parts shelf. Which triggered the memory of it getting caught up in a wheel of the creeper I used to sneak motor out from under the car (garage floor rebuilds ugh); I also noticed part of the harness cover is damaged/missing from rubbing on the corner of the head, hoping it once lived there since I need to repair it anyway, but didn't see any actual damage to wiring inside the harness, if I knew I could just tape it up, since I don't I have to open it up more .

I'm going to pull of the passenger side header and see if a better view helps. I probably have to anyway as during hunt I saw that one of the "new" starter case nuts seems loose, it's backed off and I see threads. About to read a starter swap DIY just to see if that is for a ground strap or just a nut that somehow got loosened cause it's a NAPA starter.

Where's the gun to my own head smiley. I need that one.
Got to be someone who knows the PCM pins, and or has a picture.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Here are some from the GM "manuals".

Old 08-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Thanks! I see on first diagram black wire is going to be in the splice block fair enough good place to ground, but need that splice block diagram to chase internally. Secondly image is not showing what I need, guessing it got cut off when you pasted. Those two PCM pin tables would show me what I need, and I see you were trying to send me for connector A. Some starting place is better than none! If you could look and find the pin number in pcm connector (A) the brown(low oil level) wire is in I'd be set! So close!! Dang I hate Corvettes right now!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

The PCM connector pin number is shown in the schematic. It is C1 pin 70. I only sent the connector diagram page 1 to show how to find pin 70. There are many pages of the PCM connector pin list.
Attached Thumbnails 2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?-2003-corvette-pcm-connectors2.jpg   2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?-2003-corvette-pcm-connectors3.jpg   2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?-2003-corvette-pcm-connectors4.jpg   2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?-2003-corvette-pcm-connectors5.jpg   2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?-2003-corvette-pcm-connectors6.jpg  

Old 08-11-2013, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GaryDoug
The PCM connector pin number is shown in the schematic. It is C1 pin 70. I only sent the connector diagram page 1 to show how to find pin 70. There are many pages of the PCM connector pin list.
Many many many thanks, you are right it is in the diagram! Clear as day 70; I missed it, totally is there, sorry to make you repost. Dirka, like I said I am an idiot hence the need for the idiot light! Still have enough time to get that done today, doubt get the rest back together, but starter and oil sensor think I can pull it off.

Quick Reply: 2003 Z06 Oil Level PCM pins or pinnout diagram?