PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners how to subtract??

Old 08-13-2013, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HP Tuners how to subtract??

Maybe a dumb ?? but I need to know in detail how do you subtract from a table VE or whatever. Do I paste then I see subtract, but is says I have the wrong clipboard. Is it by %, I see += multiply, but Can some one tell me in detail how to subtract from a table? As of now I have to go to every cell and change it, would like to highlight a blue section, and subtract say 2points. or 2%. If I hit interpolate it sometimes subtract, but not often. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Should have paid more attention in that math class you took in school. To subtract you add a - number. Percentages are a little different. For example to increase by 2% you multiply by 1.02. To decrease by 2% you multiply by .98
Old 08-13-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are right I should have paid attention, cause you still got me confused! So to subtract I got to put a number, and a - sign then hit add, or multiply?
Old 08-13-2013, 01:27 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought he was very clear. Want to pull five degrees? Enter -5 then hit add.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I thought he was very clear. Want to pull five degrees? Enter -5 then hit add.
No, Im sure he is, Im making sure I got it. Thanks for the replys. Will try it and see what it does. This LTFT is like 18% north of the center.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Must be something wrong, If I pull the fuel from VE talble is cranks up leans to where I want it, and then It slowly go back to the rich spot 14.0, and stays there, the AFR command is set at 14.6.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it go there when warmed up?
Old 08-13-2013, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still a newbie can this be caused by CAT over temp being on? Again I am learning new things every day to
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wild1100
I'm still a newbie can this be caused by CAT over temp being on? Again I am learning new things every day to
Don't think I have CAT, Its in a 1981TTA. Not sure why it does it hot or cold. May just leave it alone, It flys that's one thing Im glad of. May take it to get it to be tuned.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

LTFT's at 18% NEED to be addressed. If it's 18% north of center it is adding fuel. Meaning you need to ADD say 9% to the appropriate cell calling for +18% LTFT. I say 9% because 18 is a LOT and your will probably not actually need the 18%.

Once you have your VE histogram built after cruising around you can select all assuming Avg is selected. Then select all on Editor. Right click, highlight paste special and click multiply by % - half.

Rinse and repeat until all LTFT's are under 3% +/-

CAT Over Temp is the devil if you are tuning.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exidous
LTFT's at 18% NEED to be addressed. If it's 18% north of center it is adding fuel. Meaning you need to ADD say 9% to the appropriate cell calling for +18% LTFT. I say 9% because 18 is a LOT and your will probably not actually need the 18%.

Once you have your VE histogram built after cruising around you can select all assuming Avg is selected. Then select all on Editor. Right click, highlight paste special and click multiply by % - half.

Rinse and repeat until all LTFT's are under 3% +/-

CAT Over Temp is the devil if you are tuning.
SO if it above the middle its adding fuel, so I need to add fuel to bring it down right?!! If its below the center its pulling fuel which means I need to pull fuel! Thanks a lot! Im getting close LTFTB1 is -6/ and LTFTB2 is -0.3 is that the best it will get right? They should be even right?
Old 08-16-2013, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

You are correct on adding and pulling.

If you had new O2's and were still getting that then your injectors are not closely matched in flow. I have about a 3% variation from my left to right bank with used LS3 injectors. If you were to buy a matched set they should be dead on exact.

It's always better to have them have to pull fuel rather than add fuel so without playing the injector swap game you are good with that -6/-0.3%.

You can play musical chairs with the injectors until you get the banks closely balanced. You will still have individual cylinders that are high or low but the bank average will be okay.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exidous
You are correct on adding and pulling.

If you had new O2's and were still getting that then your injectors are not closely matched in flow. I have about a 3% variation from my left to right bank with used LS3 injectors. If you were to buy a matched set they should be dead on exact.

It's always better to have them have to pull fuel rather than add fuel so without playing the injector swap game you are good with that -6/-0.3%.

You can play musical chairs with the injectors until you get the banks closely balanced. You will still have individual cylinders that are high or low but the bank average will be okay.
Thank you so much! I think it because the turbo is on the driver side right off the manifold, it has been dead even before. It was off one time before due to 2 burnt spark plug wires! Thanks so much for taking time to help me. Also 1 O2 is new, and one is old. They are 60lb Semkias.

Last edited by MillsMotorvation; 08-16-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HP Tuners how to subtract??