Sponsored by:

ls swap continued

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls swap continued

Hey guy's couple quick questions,
I read in the sticky area about the ls-2 corvette oil pan, will it swap out for my ls-1 4.8 out of a Chevy truck? Looking for clearance. I know Holley sells one but I'm comparing price wise? also intake manifolds are they interchangeable? I think I read the car manifolds are better? I have plenty of clearance room up top (51 Chevy truck) I'm looking for ground clearance.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

Yes, the ls2 vette pan should work for you. And you can use any ls1/ls2/ls6 intake or just use the truck intake.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Yes i think i will stick with the truck intake. Next question is knock sensors before i wire everything up from what i read it may be wise to check these. So my first question 1) is where to put the o2 sensors or whatever sensors i may need. My headers don't have a bong and they are the treated ones so i don't want to drill into them. Question 2 where can i get the pedal sensor and can they be adapted to any pedal or is it the original pedal only? question 3 is the supply and return fuel lines that connect at the manifold had the special connections (made hoses) can you get these made up, buy them , or what are the alternatives?

Quick Reply: ls swap continued