Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Steering Cooler LS2 63 Vette

Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power Steering Cooler LS2 63 Vette

I'm trying to decide to mount this ps cooler on the frame close to the rack or in front of the radiator. Obviously cooler temps will be had in front of the radiator. Will the extra hose length be a problem?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No expert here, but my C3 does fine with a "single loop" cooler with Jeep steering box, & hydro-boost. I think it came off of a Cadillac. It is very similar to this one below.The late model Corvettes use a similar cooler. I have heard of multi-pass or plate & fin coolers causing too much restriction. A lot the trucks and heavy use vehicles have these from the factory.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Thare was no room for a cooler on my swap, intercooler took up too much room so I just eliminated mine. No problems what so ever.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The extra hose length will be fine and may give a slight cooling effect. My Thunderbird has a factory cooler low on the passenger side with a design similar to what 74modified showed, but the power steering pump and rack fittings are all on the driver's side. The cooler is smaller than what was displayed above and mounted in front of the radiator.

My Silverado also has a cooler similar to above (design and size) mounted on the driver's side in front of the radiator.

On the other side of things my WS6 has a factory cooler that uses the upper radiator hose for the heat exchanger - probably to save space or just to be different.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Steering Cooler LS2 63 Vette