Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Innovate LC1 wideband o2 flashing "7.4"

Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Innovate LC1 wideband o2 flashing "7.4"

This happened not too long after getting my car running in May but it's been kind of an afterthought. The Innovate LC1 worked for a short time, maybe a week or two after the car was road worthy, but now all it does is flash "7.4".

Doing some googling it sounds like that error can be thrown due to incorrect wiring or ground, but I've checked that as best I could. The other possible reason is the wideband gauge itself is bad, but I thought that would be odd considering its short use. I thought maybe the wideband sensor was fouled out from burning oil due to a brief turbo oil drain line issue, so I bought a replacement and still had the same problem.

Anybody seen this before? I have tried doing the sensor calibration and all....but nothing has worked. Looking for any other ideas before I assume the gauge is bad and try to replace it.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Why not hook up the laptop to the lc1 and see what it reads so you know if gauge is bad.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

had this same issue, called tech support and they wanted me to run the power and ground straight to the battery, i did this and everything started working after i got to calibrate the sensor
Old 08-14-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine did the same thing and now I got rid of it.

A buddy had his go bad and got a replacement then it went bad as well. He called tech and they told him its only suppose to be used to get the tune dialed in then removed afterwards. Seems stupid to me.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fondle
had this same issue, called tech support and they wanted me to run the power and ground straight to the battery, i did this and everything started working after i got to calibrate the sensor

Hmm interesting because the instructions are very specific about a certain group of wires being grounded together.

My ground is one of the grounds used by engine harness and I want to say power is to fuse block.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WhistlingZ
Why not hook up the laptop to the lc1 and see what it reads so you know if gauge is bad.

Almost certain I did and my laptop couldn't connect to sensor. Maybe it had to do with my USB to serial converter....I dunno. I've used that adapter for many other things.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Grr
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a wiring issue to me. The wires are so small you may have one you THINK is crimped, but is not. Go through it again.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

first one i had worked for years, second one did this after a months of use. I tried rewiring it, and no good. RMA'ed it and they sent me a brand new one. I will not be buying another down the road.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine did that for a little bit.. turned out to be a bad ground.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Innovate LC1 wideband o2 flashing "7.4"