Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i go SD?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i go SD?

so i have a mild built 6.0 with LS1 heads and a GM hot cam LS1 intake and injectors. engine is in a tube frame rock crawler, finally getting to the point of firing it. the almost everyone i know running stock 5.3s etc all run SD as they all got there harness and comp tuned by the same guy. so wondering if i should switch mine to SD if so should i try to tune my self with HP tuners or take it to said gentleman above ( priced up to $400+) any info would be great thanks
Old 08-15-2013, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

At your power levels, it doesn't really matter what you go with. You will see little benefit of going fully SD.

If you can spare the change, a professional tuner is always preferred over self tuning (especially if you're a novice at HPTuners).

However you know how to tune well or have the ambition to learn to tune yourself, then go with the HPTuners package and do it yourself. Should be a relatively basic tune at this point.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats as hot as the engine will get, i dont know if i would call our local a " professional" as he knows how to run HP but unless your running a z06 cam he just tunes from scratch as you or i would. i might try calling a few dyno places to see if they have someone knowledgeable to tune it.

Quick Reply: should i go SD?