Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELLLPPPP, Wont stay running.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLLPPPP, Wont stay running.

I just finished installing a bbk Intake Manifold, 85mm TB, and BBK fuel rails. I also installed Proform valve covers with coil relocation brackets on top of the valve covers. I went with custom MSD wires. Everything went ok except the dreaded opsu of course. I kept my Ls1 coolant lines under the BBK intake. I also removed the EGR/AIR while I was at it. (the pump is still in the fender).I only disconnected the hoses.<----- Could be my issue.

The rear of the IM I have the single small vacum line connected that I assume is needed for hvac controls. The brake booster hose is connected also. Now the BBK TB and gasket is confusing...... I put a hole in the gasket where the IAC is (because bbk did not put a hole in the gasket). Are there any other holes I should have made room for??? I see in OP pictures the vent tube on the BBK TB is usually capped off... Why? Do I need a vacum line hooked to that???

Proform valve covers does not have dual vent tubes on the passenger side cover, only has one. So I ran a line from the rear of the driver side cover to the front and Td the front tube of the passenger side and PCV into the IM. Does that sound right???

BBK fuel rails. I think they are working. There are no signs or smell of gas leaks. I reused the stock injectors.

So now that I got it all back together, It misfires and smokes a hell of a lot and wont stay running. Im thinking smoke could be from some of the cleaner used and PB Blaster that might have got into the manifolds while doing the EGR delete(Bolts were really rusted on there).
Attached Thumbnails HELLLPPPP, Wont stay running.-img_20130801_094524_293.jpg   HELLLPPPP, Wont stay running.-img_20130815_152255_606.jpg  
Old 08-15-2013, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vacuum leaks cause bucking and stalling. Misfires. Check plugs, wires to injectors, and pull code

Quick Reply: HELLLPPPP, Wont stay running.