Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Military Retirement Changes Petition

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Military Retirement Changes Petition

Would ya'll please sign this petition if you agree that our retirement should not be sacked by the buffoons in congress. Who get 200K a year salarys, retirement after a single term, etc.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...fense/BNcb7954

Protect the retirement benefits of active duty service members in the Department of Defense.
Support this petition if you believe that the US Government should protect existing retirement benefits for active duty service members. The President and Congress have all recently discussed the possibility of active duty service members retirement benefits being targeted for cuts. These threats to cut active duty retirement benefits come at a time when service members have provided selfless service in the face of 12 years of persistent conflict. The possibility of the Government breaking faith with these active duty service members represents a great disservice to this Nation and its national security. Many active duty service members volunteered to protect and defend this nation with the understanding that the US Government would uphold its promises to take care of those who serve

Thanks for your time.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even know this was being discussed again. There are many more alternative ways to save money. Unfortunately nobody want to pull it from their own pockets.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It says...
Page not found.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Correct link!! Sorry for the fail.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...fense/BNcb7954
Old 08-21-2013, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey brother, I see you are at Ramstein. I'll be over at Baumholder this winter. In Bamberg currently.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

navy times were talking about some changes like you may be able to retire at 10 years with a significantly lower percentages but i dont know if all changes are bad but with the way theyre going im sure theyre trying to **** us.

i mean i was just reading how theyre planning to cut BAH and BAS rates, stop the annual raises and so on and so forth. Kinda funny when certain higher ups unsure military pay will not be affected and its only the actual budget for operations. but thats why i only reenlisted for 3 years because if this hits the fan then im out, wether or not they take our GI bills (also under the chopping block)

Quick Reply: Military Retirement Changes Petition