Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

End of injection timimg and VE tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default End of injection timimg and VE tuning

Ok so I did my DOD a while back and have the MAF locked down pretty good, but i want to tidy up my VE. I know of the ve calc but is there a good writeup on how to use it. Also I want to take care of the EOIT a little. I know it has to be off a little since a G8GT's cam is quite small.The cam i put in is a 230/242 612/612 113 +0(i use and adjustable timing chain). Would it be a safe bet to advance it 30* since a stock cam is 200/xxx and leave the adders alone??

Thanks.

If it works i know i will have to rerun my MAF tuning.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

for EOIT, go to a dyno, keep advancing it untill your HP no longer increases...

if you are upwards of 70% or more Injector Duty cycle... its not going to make any difference...it only helps if you have big enough injectors to actually let them have time to close between injector pulses

where you will see a difference at is going to be lower RPM's

every cam is slightly different, but in general, end of injection usually ends around Bottom Dead center for optimal torque and power.....(note, this does not mean optimal emissions)
Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info.

I figured i could be able to do it in steps watching my wideband and fuel trims in each step, and once it got to where there was no more change(going rich), i would re rum my MAF calibration. As far as the timing itself goes, since the cam is +30 from stock, i figured it would be a good starting point. Maybe starting low and working my way up. Not changing the curve at first,but the whole curve in general as a starting point.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Does the process i described sound feasible?? I really want to try it my self first.

Quick Reply: End of injection timimg and VE tuning