Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

TCS light again...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCS light again...

Ok, so I'm starting to get the feeling that this will be one of those reoccurring problems that drives me to drink ... As stated in a previous thread, the TCS light is on in my newly purchased V. Because the steering wheel position sensor was included in the sale, I replaced it with a friend today and still no luck getting that light out.

I took the car to my buddy who works at the local parts store and he used his advanced version of the OBDII to pull a C0136 and C0137. My search results are inconclusive, but from what I've gathered guys with similar issues had had the brakes lock up on them whilst driving.... Seems legit, right?

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar difficulties or can give me some advice.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems kinda silly, but what are your tire sidewall heights on all 4 corners?

I was running 30's or 35's in the front, and 45's in the rear. *edit* Or maybe it was the other way around... Probly shorter in the rear, and had too tall tires in the front, and then put ones with a shorter sidewall on... you get the point.

I put different tires on in the front with a closer matched sidewall and it fixed my problem.

TCS will electronically cut off throttle, and will also apply brakes, I believe. Definitely cuts throttle input though. Found that out on the highway when my problem would come up!
Old 08-17-2013, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meatyCTS-V
Seems kinda silly, but what are your tire sidewall heights on all 4 corners?

I was running 30's or 35's in the front, and 45's in the rear. *edit* Or maybe it was the other way around... Probly shorter in the rear, and had too tall tires in the front, and then put ones with a shorter sidewall on... you get the point.

I put different tires on in the front with a closer matched sidewall and it fixed my problem.

TCS will electronically cut off throttle, and will also apply brakes, I believe. Definitely cuts throttle input though. Found that out on the highway when my problem would come up!
I'll have to check that out tomorrow, my situation is weird because the tires will spin in first if I try to spin them, but if I hit a gear hard and the car wants to kick loose, the trac will kick in and cut power.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are ABS codes. Your problem probably isn't your steering wheel at this point.

For some reason my phone won't let me post the link I want to send... I just comes out as complete gibberish... So I had to do it like this... Click the first link, its a .pdf
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=C0136

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 08-17-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Quick Reply: TCS light again...