Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTP 5.3l stage 2's

Old 05-01-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GTP 5.3l stage 2's

Does anyone have info on these heads? Did some searching and didn't find much. These heads are not on the GTP site. Looking for dynos, flow numbers, track times, price and what parts GTP uses with them. I do not want to compare these heads to other brands, and if you have a problem with GTP then please start your own thread
Old 05-01-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Does anyone have info on these heads? Did some searching and didn't find much. These heads are not on the GTP site. Looking for dynos, flow numbers, track times, price and what parts GTP uses with them. I do not want to compare these heads to other brands, and if you have a problem with GTP then please start your own thread
i have the GTP S2+ 5.3s. i actually bought these off Jason @ thunder. he went 10.59 n/a with these heads. they flowed like 308 on his bench but GTP usually gets 315-320 cfm. according to jason, heads on his bench usually flow 7+cfm off of what they are advertised.

you can get the S2 heads starting @ $2399 and the S2+ $2799. alotta racers run consistently low 11s with the S2s and mid-high 10s with the S2+. you can call craig at GTP and he can offer more services but that = more cash. like they say, money buys speed.

they come with over $600 dollars in valvetrain parts such as ferrea valves(2.02/1.57),dual springs(or single 918s..depending on what stage you get), awesome race proven port work.

you wont see to GTP on this board arguing on the "who's head is best" crap. they prove it at the track, where it counts. maybe Jason from thunder will chime in, he has first had knowledge of their capability. hope this helps. they are pricey by todays standards, but YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. Do these heads like split duration cams? I have a Lunati 230/237 on the way. Also, would a 5.7 head be good for a core, or will I need to find a 5.3?
Old 05-01-2004, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would likely get a little more power from the 5.3 head due to more compression. i have wondered if milling the 5.7 will give same results. you may want to call GTP or thunder racing to check on which head will benifit you best. as far as that cam you wanna use, i am very sure it will work well with GTPs or any other head.

the core charge, i am not to sure. but craig is a good guy and i am sure he can help out on that concern. just a word of advise: if you call craig @GTP, make sure you will have nothing to do for the next hour. that guy will give you all kinds of info on head porting, flow characteristics, valvetrain components..etc. he may even throw in a couple of personal stories in the mix.lol. but in all, rest assured you will hang up the phone knowing things you didnt before and you will be confident in the choice you made. the guy is a genious...period.

Search this Thread