Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Service Stability system (P0318 & C1223 or C1227)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Stability system (P0318 & C1223 or C1227)

Well just for starters it's not a V but a 2003 CTS sport which has the same stability system as the V from what I can gather. I need help!

Quite confused with all the codes I am getting recently. Everytime this happens I loose my cruise control and this is quite annoying.

Last week I got the following codes:
C1287 Steering sensor rate malfunction
U1040 Loss of class 2 communication

This week:
P0138 Rough road circuit sensor
C1223 Left rear wheel speed sensor input signal 0

Today:
P0138 Rough road circuit sensor
C1227 Left rear wheel excessive speed variation

Before I throw random parts at the car I would like to know what is the problem. The steering sensor rate sensor seems to be very common on these cars from what I read and thought about starting there but then I also have the left rear hub that seems to need replacement.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I did *anything* I'd make sure the battery voltage is steady, terminals clean, and grounds cleaned w/ star washers added. Beyond that, it looks like that speed sensor on the driver's rear wheel came up twice. Might check there first.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you elaborate on the star washers... I removed the battery connection not too long ago to replace plugs and the thermostat. It didn't seem dirty or anything in particular. I will take a look tho and make sure it still is and also nice and tight

The wheel hub sensor came up twice so I think I will look there first like you mentionned and clean the connection as was suggested while reading other threads.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fishv12
Can you elaborate on the star washers... I removed the battery connection not too long ago to replace plugs and the thermostat. It didn't seem dirty or anything in particular. I will take a look tho and make sure it still is and also nice and tight

The wheel hub sensor came up twice so I think I will look there first like you mentionned and clean the connection as was suggested while reading other threads.
+1 what Dark said

check that link for the star washer ground he is refering to
http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/show...fixes-for-them

also, check and clean all the wheel speed sensors, i was throwing stability codes a while back regularly when going over speed bumps. I cleaned all the wheel sensors during a tire rotation and it went away magically

Quick Reply: Service Stability system (P0318 & C1223 or C1227)