Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Windshield Pits

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Windshield Pits

On my 2002 Camaro I gained a couple of nice pits from racing a friend with Nitto 555Rs. My windshield isn’t bad enough to need replaced, I’d simply like to fill in the small pits that are out of my line of vision. Does anyone have any idea or know what products work the best. I know that I can buff out the remaining imperfection if I fill them with material. Thanks
Old 05-02-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder who won that race?....J/K
Old 05-02-2004, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
I wonder who won that race?....J/K

Actually I took him by about ten cars, and was crusing into town and he did a nice 130mph fly by..
Old 05-02-2004, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Most insurance companies will fix the chips for free. The insurance company considers it cheaper to do that then to take the chance the windshield will eventally crack and then replace the winshield at a cost far greater than the $75 to fix the chip.

Be aware though, they also consider it a claim and hold it against you for three years (State Farm does, Progressive does not).

In any case, the windshield will eventually crack when you least expect it (hot sunny day when you hit the windshield with water when you wash the car.) Been there done that...pay now or pay later.