Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector question

I have bought a LS6 intake to put on my LQ4 due to hood clearance issues. The intake did not come with injectors. Is there an advantage to getting higher lb injectors?

I have a line on some stock ones which are 28.8 lb or some 36lb ones. I am new to fuel injection so I dont know which is better. The motor is in what I consider to be a cruiser so basically keeping her stock, just may slide a slightly larger cam in there.

Thoughts?
Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

its all about sizing, proper sized injectors LB/hr rating that matches your engine/combo. And you also have to have a properly sized fuel pump. It is all in the tune also.

I don't know what exactly your entire setup is and what is and isn't stock or aftermarket that you have done, but I suggest if you are changing things from stock that you find someone or a mail in tuner and get HPTuners or EFI Live and get things tuned.

If you continue to modify, such as changing intake, exhaust, cam. You will need a tune, and if you do things all separate you will need a tune-up each time. An intake isn't so much of a change, so the fuel trims and take care of that usually. I don' t know what the factory injectors are on the lq4 but I bet they are not 36# injectors, so it would need a tune for that.

DO not run the vehicle on anything other than stock injectors until it is tuned for the other injectors.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Thanks. Most of the question stems from not wanting to have to buy multiple sets of injectors. The LS 6 intake didn't come with injectors and from what I have read mine wont work. So I have to get some. Plans for now are a stock LQ4 with LS6 intake. had to do that for hood clearance (truck intake was too tall). Eventually may throw a small cam in there, but this project is just a cruiser so nothing too radical.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

OK, I am in the same situtation, I have a LQ9 and the truck intake will not fit under the hood. Just purchased a LS1 intake without injectors. From what I gather in this thread, I need to stick with a "stock" injector. So, what do I look for? Camaro, Corvette, or other vehicles, and does the year matter?

the only "performance" mod I am doing at this time would be headers...

I am new to this entire FI thing so thanks in advance.

Last edited by jblakeslee; 08-30-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Injector question