Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Very high clutch release point.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Very high clutch release point.

My heads/cam car has a Ram powergrip HD in it and from the beginning (20k miles ago) it always had a high release point. After driving my stock C5 Z06 around (just bought it) I've noticed that the clutch is extremely high and has a very small window of engagement. It held the last time it was at the track but I guess I never really acknowledge it before driving the other car for a while. Is that normal or am I looking at possible problems in the near future?
Old 08-23-2013, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

High engagement occurs for a number of reasons. Clutch wear is a possible cause but you seem to reference that the clutch has been this way all along. Is that correct? It could also be relative to the depth of the slave/bearing that is installed? Is it OE? Did you install any shims/spacers?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

No, no shims or spacers and its always been high I just don't know about this high. And the slave is one of the junk perfections from advance auto. Now that you said that I would bet I need a spacer. We're going racing this weekend, after I get back I'll pull the transmission and measure. Its been holding fine (cut a few 1.61s but hoping for better) and it shifts smooth it just seems the bottom half of the clutch throw is just dead movement, clutch feels engaged/disengaged half way up or down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Very high clutch release point.