LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Radiator issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator issues?

Hello Everyone,

I recently completed a complete rebuild of my motor, other than an exhaust leak everything runs great! The only thing im running into that is more of an annoyance is my radiator level light is on and wont go away.

I have plenty of fluid and my temperature is where it should be, but it indicate the level is not high enough. I have the harness plugged in, and I have unplugged and plugged it back in. Still nothing. This worked perfect before and nothing has changed, so what can this be?

I was wondering if you all had some tips and tricks that might help me fix this issue. I dont know if makes a difference, but I have not yet had a tune. This is a 1997 Z28 and I still have the LT1. Same water pump as before, mechanical not electric, and same radiator (stock). Hope this is enough information, if more is needed let me know. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

The tune would make no difference.

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#low_coolant_lamp
Old 08-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shbox
Thank you! I didnt think the tune did, I just wanted to provide as much information as possible. Thanks again for the reply!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Teching In

By the way, im assuming by your name that you created that website. I wanted to say THANK YOU! Your site helped me so much with my build. We did it all ourselves and referenced that site so many times. One of the biggest helps was the Vacuum line photos you have on there, that was huge. Thanks again!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jemmons1201
By the way, im assuming by your name that you created that website. I wanted to say THANK YOU! Your site helped me so much with my build. We did it all ourselves and referenced that site so many times. One of the biggest helps was the Vacuum line photos you have on there, that was huge. Thanks again!
Yes and you are very welcome.

Quick Reply: Radiator issues?