TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have i gone mad?

INDEED
I have...I full filled a child hood dream this past weekend. _

Old 08-27-2013, 02:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Five Five Nomad .. Yeah you have.! very cool ! Looks like old school Tuck and Roll Seats..!? . Can't wait to see what you do with it..

I had a 57 2dr post (210) back in the day with a Straight Axle.. GASSER !... I have soft spot for the Tri-Five's..

What are the plans !!! Tell ME !! Tell ME ! LOL...

one of my friends said he still has some old parts for the Noman tucked way and was thinking of getting rid of them. .I'll ask what he has and what year ! You might be able to get them cheap.

BC
Old 08-27-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

ls engine 6speed auto on the column, factory oem correct interior including steering wheel column etc I have the bench seats both. same paint as my cutlass. Ride tech coil over suspension.

you ask (over look the olds wheel cap logos lol)

And yes please have your friend contact me I can pm my cell if need be. I need many of the interior trim pieces anything really.
Thanks in advance BC
Rocky

Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

nice score! although i think the lady may have other thoughts...lol.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dvdswan
nice score! although i think the lady may have other thoughts...lol.
man I'm getting beat up over at tri five they are all on that band wagon just like you lol my first active post has gone viral

As I told them if you thing that upset her it was nothing close to when I informed her of the second 55 I bought the night before we picked this one up. Sorry I don't have a pic of that one (her face)lol
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice. When we were looking for a project car (before we found our 66 Chevelle) we came across a 56 Workmaster Wagon - very similar to that but without the nomad parts. I really liked that car but my wife says we have to find her a Tri-5 coupe. I just couldn't convince her the wagon was cool.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, you have gone mad, but it is a good madness.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've always liked Nomads so I'm on your side Rocky.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Happy wife, happy life...... yeah, to hell with that! Cool Nomad, I'll be watching this one Rocky.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unhappy wife, well, that's just life. A man's gotta live.

Nice score.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rockytopper
man I'm getting beat up over at tri five they are all on that band wagon just like you lol my first active post has gone viral

As I told them if you thing that upset her it was nothing close to when I informed her of the second 55 I bought the night before we picked this one up. Sorry I don't have a pic of that one (her face)lol
lol, I think its our duty and commitment to keep our wifes on their toes, if we didn't they wouldn't have anything to bitch about... ok, they'd still find stuff. lol

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Unhappy wife, well, that's just life. A man's gotta live.

Nice score.

I couldn't agree more, love the wife do death but sometimes she just got to face the facts.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Sorry guys I hate to disapoint ya but my wife digs the nomad more than me it is her #1 just like mine. She is on board with both of the cars. The only problem I have is the second was purchased with the intent to safrice it to build the nomad. Problem is it is a very low miles 1 owner 4door belair survivor. Perfect barn find paint. Complete car it may be too nice to do that. If it is we will get it running untouched. And start enjoying it as grand kid hauler until the mad is done. It is a long term deal going to do it all correct this time.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sound like you got a problem.. but if the 4dr is a good runner. .yeah.. I'd leave it and just drive it.. can't be destroying good cars just for parts.. at least not the older classic ones. there just isn't enought of them around any more.

You should be able to find another part car to help restore the Nomad...

Also.. I emailed my friend to see what year and what he has left.

BC
Old 08-28-2013, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry guys I hate to disapoint ya but my wife digs the nomad more than me it is her #1 just like mine. She is on board with both of the cars.
That my friend means you found the right woman! You are a VERY lucky man.

Does she have a single sister? Hahahaha!!!! J/K
Old 08-28-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
That my friend means you found the right woman! You are a VERY lucky man.

Does she have a single sister? Hahahaha!!!! J/K
In indeed a lucky and blessed fellow. I have tried to sale or trade my cutlass for over a year now just to buy a nice 55 ht (never imagined I could afford a nomad). She did not go for that at all she digs the cutlass and rightly so its our most dependable and lowest mileage car. Basically a dd back up ride. She said why you want a 55 look at all the shows we go to thats all there is. Our cutlass stands out because you just dont see many. I tried to use the but the 55 is a collector worth more money and growing she didn't buy in. The first time I hit her up and flat told her I was going to trade for a nomad She said when we leaving to go get it. Been married to her going on 19 years who knew it was her dream ride too. Now we have both a cutlass ,nomad & a 4 door belair.

This is why I want a 55 my baby that I let get away.
This was her 1983

Sorry her sis is taken for now.

Last edited by rockytopper; 08-28-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

The first time I hit her up and flat told her I was going to trade for a nomad She said when we leaving to go get it. Been married to her going on 19 years who knew it was her dream ride too.
That's really cool. It is awesome having a wife who gets these cars too. Now if I could just get mine to get out there and finish my LS swap while I work that would be great.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Rocky.. my friend has some 55 Nomad parts.. will PM you with his email and phone number later..

Here is a old picture of my 57 and my brothers 62 Vette..

One of my friends 55 Nomad

These are all 74' or older pictures...

BC
Old 08-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Staging Lane

Very KOOL, man. I have a 56 210 2 door hardtop I'm doing a 99 LS1 / 6 speed triple pedal conversion in the works. I bought it right outta high school in 86 and won't part with it. 335-35-17 rear on torq thrusts with out cutting the frame.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Hey Rocky,

Brian is a buddy of mine and emailed me that your looking for 55 nomad parts... I have most of the interior stainless you'll need, plus a number of other things you may be interested in. Brian should have sent you my contact info off post... nice find! I've had a number of tri-fives... 55 nomads, 210 Ht, Belair's... etc...
Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WillysNut
Hey Rocky,

Brian is a buddy of mine and emailed me that your looking for 55 nomad parts... I have most of the interior stainless you'll need, plus a number of other things you may be interested in. Brian should have sent you my contact info off post... nice find! I've had a number of tri-fives... 55 nomads, 210 Ht, Belair's... etc...
Yes he has!!! Im very sorry I have not contacted you I will. I was busy picking up the planned parts car big mistake it's my wife's now all matching barn find. I lost it. Dam it!!!! But it is a time capsule with all the docs.

Quick Reply: Have i gone mad?