Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 clutch hydraulic line

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 clutch hydraulic line

I am about to install a new clutch slave and master cylinder. However i need the steel braided line that connects them. From my research i have found that the t56 on Fbodys has a quick release connection to a AN4 connection. So far the only company i found that sells them is McLeod, However i dont feel like paying 80 dollars for just the line. Is there anywhere else that sells them? I know most master cylinders come with one but mine didnt.

i could also just make one because the steel braided hose is cheap. But where do i get the fittings (AN4 & Quick release) and which thread do i need on the AN4 fitting? Is there a specific crimp i need to make them?

If Mcleod is my only option i might as well buy a whole kit or something from them.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

either find someone to sell you a used one or buy the McLeod, IMHO, vs trying to "make" one

and is there a problem using your old one?
Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Launching!

i just bought the an line and "T56 Release Bearing to AN3" from speedway..

you need two of these
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-an...ing,25017.html

and one of these
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/T56-Hy...-Inch,687.html

the down fall is you need to disconnect the tranny at the master when you install or remove, you can also buy 2 lines 6" and 20" and coupler to make pulling tranny easier.

please verify the lenght of lines you need in your application as the lengths listed are approximate.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Launching!

i should add that the fitting resides inside the transmission and you can only use these fittings if you have the tranny pulled..

Quick Reply: t56 clutch hydraulic line