Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Ready to absorb.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to absorb.

Hello all. My name is Mark, im 24 years old and im starting my first build of my own. I have worked in a few of the local performance shops over the last 6 years and gained a good understanding of how to make things work along the way. Though this is my first personal big project, it is by no means the first car i have gone to this extant with.

Here is the car in question. It is a 1988 Nissan 200sx se, the SE model, available only in the US, came with a 3.0l vg30e from the Nissan 300zx along with an R200 8" Rear diff also from the 300zx. The complete car weighted in at 2580lbs when i purchased it (it was already missing a few things such as trunk carpet and stereo) My goal for this build initially is to swap in a reliable 300hp v8 that is easy to upgrade in the future. Thus far i have become fond of the LM7 engine for its price and availability and the nv3500 trans for the same reasons. I am however here to learn so any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated and heavily considered.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slowS12
Hello all. My name is Mark, im 24 years old and im starting my first build of my own. I have worked in a few of the local performance shops over the last 6 years and gained a good understanding of how to make things work along the way. Though this is my first personal big project, it is by no means the first car i have gone to this extant with.

Here is the car in question. It is a 1988 Nissan 200sx se, the SE model, available only in the US, came with a 3.0l vg30e from the Nissan 300zx along with an R200 8" Rear diff also from the 300zx. The complete car weighted in at 2580lbs when i purchased it (it was already missing a few things such as trunk carpet and stereo) My goal for this build initially is to swap in a reliable 300hp v8 that is easy to upgrade in the future. Thus far i have become fond of the LM7 engine for its price and availability and the nv3500 trans for the same reasons. I am however here to learn so any suggestions or information will be greatly appreciated and heavily considered.
Its good too see someone else doing a chevy into nissan swap, I hope to have mine done soon. The good thing is that most of this has been done before and it just takes a little research to make the swap easier.

Quick Reply: Ready to absorb.