Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connector Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Connector Question

Please see the attached photo. The harness is out of a 1998 F-body with an A4. What exactly is this connector for? The wire colors (Brown/White, Red, Pink/Black) would indicate the cam position sensor, but it is not the cam position sensor. I am at a loss. I've been searching for a while and nothing is coming up. All of my swap documentation does not show this connector.

The car runs fine and the swap is 2 years old. I am just cleaning things up a bit and would love to delete this connector. It looks like it plugs back on itself.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Connector Question-mysteryconnector.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 4th gen F-Body harness had this extension harness.. My guess was that they were going to put the Sensor in the Front of the engine. But ended up with it in the rear and it was a cheap way of fixing the harness.

I just unplugged it, re-routed the harness and just plugged it into the sensor without the extension. If you unwrap the harness, you will see it just goes to the front and the extension just re-routes it to the back.

BC
BC
Old 08-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for the quick response. Maybe when I am bored I'll tear into the harness. I have a few other clean-up projects that I am working on at the moment that take precedence.

Quick Reply: Connector Question