What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

94 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Trans Am

Hey everyone, I'm hoping to get some feed back on what my car is worth. It's a 1994 Trans Am coupe with 42,000 miles, LT1, automatic, air, tilt, cruise, cloth Int. It also has brand new Riken Raptor tires on tork trust rims.the car is Black w/ red badges and Grey interior. This car is in great shape, i'm the second owner of this car and i bought it with 23,000 miles on it. What kind of number do you think I should start with ?
Old 08-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those run of the mill LT1 cars really seem to have very little market demand right now. Start by checking KBB and NADA, then search AutoTrader, etc. in your local market to get a feel for what cars are priced at.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 t/a

OK, did that the other day. Disappointing !!! Best case it was worth around $5,600.00 to $6,000.00 . Was hoping for a little bit better news but it is what it is right!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 438 Likes on 317 Posts

People still appreciate clean 'used' cars and a Trans Am just adds to that 'gotta have it' factor for many potential buyers hoping for a little more than a generic 'used' car in that price range. As long as the car is STOCK! I haven't seen mention of that. If the car is truly in very good to excellent stock condition with no issues (Carfax, title, no needs whatsoever) I would ask $6,750 and settle on about $6,000. I think you can get that if the car meets the criteria I posted about. There are many years of wonderful driving ahead for the next owner in this low mileage T/A and $6,000 is not far fetched IMO. If a friend or relative needed a 'used' car I would have no problem telling them to take a look.
I try to put myself in someone else's shoes. If I lost my rides and had very little money, and I was in dire need of a 'used' car, I would seriously consider it, knowing what I do about these F-bodies. They have treated me well for over 17 years now, but again, they are stock, maintained well and certainly not abused. If you do sell, GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 94 Trans Am