Sponsored by:

EFILive Tune mod?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFILive Tune mod?

Respected Forum Members,
I am facing a problem with my truck's AC. It switches on for a second then goes off. It was serviced and replaced recently but appears the problem is from the tune. Can anyone please refer me to someone who uses EFILive and is willing to go through my tune for their suggested price?
I don't have any tuners at the area and the only way it can be done is by emailing the tune.

Regards
Old 09-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sowaidi
Respected Forum Members,
I am facing a problem with my truck's AC. It switches on for a second then goes off. It was serviced and replaced recently but appears the problem is from the tune. Can anyone please refer me to someone who uses EFILive and is willing to go through my tune for their suggested price?
I don't have any tuners at the area and the only way it can be done is by emailing the tune.

Regards
You can email it to me and I'll take a look. Be sure to include all the specs of the vehicle. edcmat-l1@msn.com is my email address.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Brother,
Thanks for the help. Ive emailed you everything. Please get back to me as soon as you can. Its always over a 100degrees here and the LS7 has to sit at home.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

We use efi live everyday, if you want a second set of eyes to look at it. Im sure Ed will get you taken care of though.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

LSX Power, EDCMat,
Thank you all for the support. Im sure you guys can find out the problem.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Appears my AutoCal device is locked to the original V2 of the tuner. Does this mean I have to get a new pcm or can it be overwritten by a different tuner?
Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 AM
FormerVendor

You need a new autocal or have the original tuner un-marry the autocal to there V2.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
You need a new autocal or have the original tuner un-marry the autocal to there V2.
Thanks for the help guys. Really proves you're kick@#$ sponsors. So if I couldn't get my tuner to unmarry his V2 to my Autocal, this will render my PCM usless? even I just wanted to overwrite the tune using HPTuners?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM
FormerVendor

As long as your PCM isnt locked you can flash over your current tune with HP Tuners or EFI Live. The auto is just married to a V2 and not necessarily married to just one PCM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

AC was serviced recently at a local place that always does my AC work, maybe he's gotten old now but id bet that. I also had another guy check it and all electrnoics seem good but he couldn't log into the AC stuff using his software (not sure what it is, basic mechanic software).

Its so frustrating having the truck sitting there for 2 months. When the problem first started, it use to stay on when driving but now it goes on for a second then goes off and doesnt make a difference driving or not.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sowaidi
AC was serviced recently at a local place that always does my AC work
I read that you had it recently serviced and maybe you know, but short cycling is usually caused by low Freon. I don't see why the PCM would cause the short-cycle symptoms, especially if unrelated to driving or parked. Maybe a stretch, but what about (bypassing) the low pressure safety switch.

Quick Reply: EFILive Tune mod?