LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I'm new and I need helpppp :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I'm new and I need helpppp :(

So I got the car about a month ago and it's a built lt1 p600b procharger kit, my problem is that yesterday I got caught it a heavy storm and after driving thru the rain the car won't boost and cuts out/back fires when I step on it and won't go over 4,000 rpm, so I believe the opti got wet and is going bad now? Although after the rain and these problems started I noticed that my fuel pressure is way lower than normal so could it just be the opti? Or plugs and fuel filter? I'm just so confused any help or advice would be awesome thanks
Old 09-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd say start with easy stuff 1st. If fuel filter is easy do that 1st? Check fuel pump? Go easy 1st.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Do you have a cold air intake?
Old 09-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Teching In

The fuel pump is a new walbro pump put in with the rebuild about 2000 miles ago so it shouldn't be that, Ill prob get a new filter no matter what and yeah it's bottom mount intercooler with the cold air intake down by the turn signal
Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Is your car a non vented or vented opti. Could still have some water lift in there if its non vented. Have you checked the fuel regulator, could also be as simple as a vacuum leak on the regulator.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ws7clamors
The fuel pump is a new walbro pump put in with the rebuild about 2000 miles ago so it shouldn't be that, Ill prob get a new filter no matter what and yeah it's bottom mount intercooler with the cold air intake down by the turn signal
remove the air filter on the cold air intakje by the turn signal most likely its wet and doesnt dry easily unless removed.

report back..
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

With low fuel pressure the car generally would only run at high rpm, the in tank hose on my Walbro ripped and I only had 10psi of pressure and it would only run if I kept it over 4000 rpm. Your issue sounds more like the opti being wet, although you may have sucked water up into and through the pro charger and I don't know enough about them to know if that can hurt them. You can try letting it sit in the sun with the hood up for a few hours, or remove the waterpump and pull the opti cover and see if that dries it faster. The opti has 360 tiny holes representing 360 degrees of timing in a steel disk, if those holes get corroded or covered with water you can have your issues.

Quick Reply: I'm new and I need helpppp :(