Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what oil pan for ls 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what oil pan for ls 3

I am building a 55 Chevrolet 2d post and I have a art Morrison chassie the power plant that I bought is a ls 376 /525 hp connect and cruse . the problem is the oil pan wont fit . it hits the front cross member . what I need to know is what oil pan is the best fit for my ls 3 . I was given a part number for a corvette ls 3 pan but I don't see any for sale . I see the mast pan but it will not bolt to the trans and don't know much about the holley pan . the less I have to change the better . meaning if I can just bolt a pan on then that's great .
Old 09-04-2013, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

What oil pan are you using now? Here's a link to the LSX oil pan thread. Most of the ones listed have dimensions so you can compare to what you've got now.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-oil-pans.html
Old 09-04-2013, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would suggest a Camaro F-body or the CTS-V pans.. The Vette ones usually has a longer lower sump, which may contact the Crossmember. ??

Many are using different pans and are not using the Transmission Bell Housing to oil pan bolts. But if they do line up.. the better it would be. My Nova w/Holley pan doesn't line up for one bolt.

You should change and use the correct pickup tube, windage tray, dip stick and tube for what every pan you use.

BC
Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1964SS
What oil pan are you using now? Here's a link to the LSX oil pan thread. Most of the ones listed have dimensions so you can compare to what you've got now.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-oil-pans.html
the engine came with a Camaro pan on it . but it makes contact with my cross member .
Old 09-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bczee
I would suggest a Camaro F-body or the CTS-V pans.. The Vette ones usually has a longer lower sump, which may contact the Crossmember. ??

Many are using different pans and are not using the Transmission Bell Housing to oil pan bolts. But if they do line up.. the better it would be. My Nova w/Holley pan doesn't line up for one bolt.

You should change and use the correct pickup tube, windage tray, dip stick and tube for what every pan you use.

BC
the f body pan and wind age tray will fit my ls 3 is it a direct bolt on ?
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could do like I did and extend your motor mounts a little bit to raise the engine.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

look at the holley pan
and moroso
Old 09-06-2013, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not worked on any LS3.. but physically the f-body and CTS-V pan will bolt on.. since it is not dry-sump or any DoD or anything. should be nothing else to worry about.

As you noted. the Bottom Bell housing bolt may or may not align.

But would defer to someone with LS3 knowledge..

Quick Reply: what oil pan for ls 3