Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Western PA/Eastern OH tuner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Western PA/Eastern OH tuner

Hey what's up guys? I'm about to install an FLT stage 4 trans and yank ss3600 stall and am switching from 3.73 to 3.42 gears in my 98 Camaro and I'm looking for a tuner in the western PA/eastern OH that can deal with the 98 PCM...there's a couple places I know of but the charge $550 for like 3 pulls which in my eyes is ridiculous, for that price I can buy HP tuners and learn how to do it myself...my other option is to send my PCM back out to PCMforless for a mail tune but I know I wot be getting the max out of my setup...any help would be appreciated and my mods are in my sig below...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rodeheaver's Hot Rod shop in McClellandtown, Pa. is a pretty reputable place. They did mine for $400.00.

http://www.rodeheavershotrod.com/
Old 09-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Buy hptuners and learn yourself.

I've had a blast tuning my car and at this point can't imagine paying someone for a "one time tune" and thinking I got all I can from the car. Also, in my limited experience, I'm not sure a dynojet or equivalent even comes close to what tuning on the open road, track, or perhaps a load-cell dyno can do.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't go to rodheaver if he would tune my car for free, a few years back I had him put on a set of headers for me (before I really started working on my own stuff hardcore) I got my car back and it ran like ****...I thought it might have needed tuning bc of the headers. Then my car go beat in a highway race by a mustang on the way home so I knew something was wrong. It turns out that his shop just left off the passenger rear spark plug wire. Also bought stage 8 locking header bolts and this dude left like 3 of them off and just put in stock ones because he was too lazy to do it right. Also left one bolt out completely!

Lesson learned....don't take your Camaro to a mustang shop lol. Oh we'll you live and you learn....

Are there any resources where I can learn the basics of hptuners? Is there a schedule for their training classes? I have 4 or 5 friends with Ls cars so I think that would benefit me greatly....

Quick Reply: Western PA/Eastern OH tuner