Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

97 camaro 'junkyard' info needed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 camaro 'junkyard' info needed?

I HAVE A 1997 CAMARO AND its quite hard locating one in a junkyard here where im located at. im looking for what will retro fit the camaro steering wheel turn lever and the connections if i can hopefully just swap the whole damn steering wheel that will be ok im hoping a firebird can fit i was seeking some info thank you for your comments.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

What is your problem with the current column? It could be easier to fix vs. replacing the whole thing. Most of the parts in the column are unchanged since the 60's, so they are available everywhere and extremely inexpensive.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well.....you do have a point

i would say turn lever....so of course you do have a point, the shroud is a little bit messed up but i found a replacement on ebay and wow they are cheap...........i guess its quite better replacing the interior you see its like the jammed the hell out of it with a screw driver trying to steal it from a friend of mine ill put some pics so you can see my point but right you are about cheap parts on it
Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The lever is easy. It connects via a linkage to the mechanism in the center of the column. https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...mn-repair.html

But, the getting a new shroud is the tougher issue. If its all mangled, then a spare column might be the way to go.

Quick Reply: 97 camaro 'junkyard' info needed?