Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1969 Camaro LS7 swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 Camaro LS7 swap questions

Alright I have a 69 camaro and I have a LS7 longblock out of a 2009 ZO6 for the car, I plan to run a T56 and convert the dry sump system. The biggest question I have is wiring.

I want to pick up a OEM GM harness (new) along with the computer and throttle pedal assembly to run the drive by wire. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but I just wanted some opinions/options on wether or not that would work or should I run an aftermarket system?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you pick up a true OEM harness it will still have to be converted or rewired for stand alone. You should look into purchasing a new harness and use the GM ecm and pedal.

We can help with the harness no matter what you choose!
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you plan on making performance upgrades in the future just go with Holley efi,with the self learn fuel tables!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BP Automotive
If you pick up a true OEM harness it will still have to be converted or rewired for stand alone. You should look into purchasing a new harness and use the GM ecm and pedal.

We can help with the harness no matter what you choose!
I appreciate the imput, I looked at some of your products. How much just wondering would it cost to convert the harness to stand alone?

Originally Posted by bmf5150
If you plan on making performance upgrades in the future just go with Holley efi,with the self learn fuel tables!
The only upgrades that will be done at this point will be headers and fuel delivery, the motor already has a QM550 cam, ported and milled heads, FAST 102mm intake.

Quick Reply: 1969 Camaro LS7 swap questions