Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger Selection--Need Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Selection--Need Some Help

Hey guys,

I'm doing some research for a future project. (87-93 Mustang)

I have a 6.0 just laying around that I'm gonna use as the foundation for this setup. I'm gonna bore it .030 over and throw some forged pistons and new rods in it. So, that will leave me with a pretty solid bottom end for a street car.

Now, the questions I have are about the top end of the engine. I want to put a supercharger on it. I'm just having trouble deciding which one. I've been looking at the MP112, MP122, TVS 1900, and TVS 2300. I've excluded the Whipple cause it looks a little too big to fit. I've heard that it's best to go with the smallest one that will suit your goals, which would probably be the MP112... but, I'm not sure on that. I definitely want a roots style blower. Using F-body accessories, BTW.

I have a set of PRC LS6 heads right now, which should be fine for this setup. I'm looking for around 550-600rwhp. Maximum Motorsports Torque-arm and TKO-600 would be at their limits at 600ish. I'm sure they can take more, but why would I need more for a street car?

The plan for the cam is to go with a custom grind. I was thinking about the LS9 cam, but decided against it since it's designed for square port heads. I want something with an almost stock sounding idle. I don't mind a little thump to it.

Also, I'm sure this will throw everyone for a loop, but I was thinking about using the LS3 Camaro exhaust manifolds. I want the engine compartment to look basically stock appearing. Kinda like the supercharged LSx came in there from the factory.

So, basically what I'm asking is if it is possible to make 550-600rwhp with a supercharged 370 through factory manifolds? It'll have high flow cats and a dual 2.5" exhaust as well. Is this realistic? Lol.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance, guys!

Quick Reply: Supercharger Selection--Need Some Help