Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

San Antonio racers *be on the lookout*

Old 09-06-2013, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default San Antonio racers *be on the lookout*

There's a white, brand new, 392 challenger trying to run. He's an undercover officer. Caught him on the highway and got lucky to see him flash his lights. He will instigate a run so be careful. It's white with blue stripes and tint all the way around. You cannot tell its a uc so watch out. I saw him on the i10 freeway.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Entrapment isn't legal so I really wouldn't be too worried.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 AM
11 Second Club

Damn, that's shady! You got lucky for sure.

I remember back in 08/09 when R35 GT-R's first came out I saw one on the street and got excited. Pulled up next to him just trying to see him get on the throttle...reaches in the console, pulls out his badge and says "Do you want to lose your license?" As you can imagine I pulled back quickly. Last person I was expecting to drive it was an officer as I'm sure was the same in your case.

Be careful guys!
Old 09-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Launching!

I have a question on this..... Say you line up with the uc, but you don't initiate the race. Instead you roll down the window and tell them to honk off the three... If they do, or count off the three, wouldn't they be initiating the race therefore making it entrapment?
Old 09-06-2013, 04:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z
I have a question on this..... Say you line up with the uc, but you don't initiate the race. Instead you roll down the window and tell them to honk off the three... If they do, or count off the three, wouldn't they be initiating the race therefore making it entrapment?
Initiate…cause (a process or action) to begin.

Entrapment, at least as I understand it, is a concept wherein the Law must induce, cause, prompt or otherwise encourage you to do what you otherwise were not inclined to do, without such.

Thanks OP… Not in your area, but that's a solid heads up and good on ya for calling it.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 AM
11 Second Club

And this is why I dont like going to san antonio as much. I prefer dos equis... In Mexico.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Get it on video, but don't take off, then show the Captain.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Had a guy in a challenger try to run my old G8. I romp on it after him. When he knew he was going to lose he pulled out his badge. I just laughed.

Buddy had a all white civic rev a little at him in killeen about 7 yrs ago. Buddy got on it a little and then came the lights. Cop just told him to not act stupid luckily

Houston has all white 5th gen camaro's and challengers. Unmarked with integrated lights.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OVA1
Initiate…cause (a process or action) to begin.

Entrapment, at least as I understand it, is a concept wherein the Law must induce, cause, prompt or otherwise encourage you to do what you otherwise were not inclined to do, without such.

Thanks OP… Not in your area, but that's a solid heads up and good on ya for calling it.
This. If you tell him to honk it off, entrapment goes out the window right away because he didn't convince you to do something that you weren't already wanting/willing to do.

It's fucked up but hey, that's the law. Instead of spending their time on catching murderers and rapists, they are out instigating races.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Some of you guys have a very poor understanding of entrapment.

If you race an undercover, you will go to jail regardless of who honks it off, and you have no valid defense. The officer did not force you to race. Doesn't matter if he honks it off, you have the option to ignore it and not break the law. If you don't do that, you're guilty. Period.

For entrapment to be valid, a cop must force or deceive you into breaking the law. Entering into a mutual agreement to street race is not, in any way, forcing or deceiving you into doing something.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Beans

If you race an undercover, you will go to jail regardless of who honks it off, and you have no valid defense. The officer did not force you to race. Doesn't matter if he honks it off, you have the option to ignore it and not break the law. If you don't do that, you're guilty. Period.

For entrapment to be valid, a cop must force or deceive you into breaking the law. Entering into a mutual agreement to street race is not, in any way, forcing or deceiving you into doing something.

Revving/accelerating on and off to get someone to race you and an uc leo is entrapment.

I would love for someone to do this to me up north. I'd get a lawyer and have such a good case on the Dept.

Up in DFW there was a young leo who did this in a modified 60s camaro. Someone ended up fighting it and the guy got fired. Just because most people won't spend money/time to fight it doesn't mean it's legal.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maryland case law disagrees. Texas should be no different.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

truth.
a buddy and I almost got arrested about 13 years ago by an undercover in a camaro at the local "cruise" spot. He even rolled down the window and asked if we wanted to run at the light. so we raced and the we're surrounded by cop cars and on the side of the road in cuffs. Not a good time.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good looking out op but,...in Florida...

We have:

Volvo's, Lincolns, fusions, new ecoboost taurus, dodge dulley's, escalades...every dodge car you can think of, escapes...etc....all unmarked. In vero beach, there is a mustang GT looking for people...in West Palm beach, there is a highway patrol mustang....unmarked.

This is the wave of the future people. Get used to it. Why do you think you see me posting less street racing stories? Bottom line, if it's questionable, if the windows are dark and you can't make out the drivers uniform(doesn't always matter as these douchers like to wear TACH gear)...don't do it.

We recently had some dick head attract a million cops to our shop neighboorhood,...85% of the 20 something vehicles, where unmarked, and not what you would expect a cop to get out of. A mini van pulled up,.....7 swat cops rolled out.

Things have changed, and there is nothing you can do about it other then pick a better race spot, and know who your racing. Kinda the reason why my daily driver is a tahoe now, and not a vette.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
Maryland case law disagrees. Texas should be no different.
It's no different. People are just dumb and don't fight it. I'm telling you this DFW cop had busted tons of people then one guy fought back and got the guy fired.

You're making someone do something that if you hadn't revved/played with throttle they wouldn't of done. That's 100% entrapment and illegal. Sure you're not "forcing" the guy to race, but if you were not in the picture the guy would have never broken the law.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
It's no different. People are just dumb and don't fight it. I'm telling you this DFW cop had busted tons of people then one guy fought back and got the guy fired.

You're making someone do something that if you hadn't revved/played with throttle they wouldn't of done. That's 100% entrapment and illegal. Sure you're not "forcing" the guy to race, but if you were not in the picture the guy would have never broken the law.

LOL,...and tell that to the cop that "pulled you over for no reason."

Post 911...people can be pulled over for any reason the cop/officer/trooper feels is probable cause. If you don't like it,..fight it in court, and hope your case is on point.

Don't you live in another country anyways?
Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice heads up
Old 09-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

oh ****,

thanks man ill get the word out to my fellow racers
Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i could definitely see the charge being challenged in court on the grounds of enticement (not entrapment because you weren't coerced or forced to do it under the threat of something) but seeing how 95% of cops and judges, especially traffic court judges, think they're crusading against the evil menace of street racing they'd probably just say you had the choice not to do it so you're guilty anyway. i guess it would depend all on the state law and case law.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

YOu "street racer's" should actually get to know the street racing statute in YOUR state.

The street racing statute in MY state, was forever changed with MY own case,...and how it went down. No BS. Basically, the way the law in Florida was written,...was any form or acceleration,...with another vehicle next to you....you both take off from a stop light,...oblivious to eachother.....both accelerating to the SPEED LIMIT...technically, the way the florida law was written,..you where racing.

When I got arrested, for "racing"..among other things,...we went after the street racing statute and how it was written. Many, many people where following my case,..over the course of almost two years. Finally, it was thrown out,..and the street racing statute was indeed changed.

My lawyer,..bloodsucking mother ******...was big in the **** industry(representing) and big into "constitutional rights" .... so,..thats what we fought for, and that's how we won.

It was a big deal...glad it's behind me. Nevermind that the cop was full of ****.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: San Antonio racers *be on the lookout*