Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

injector resistance

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default injector resistance

i have smartfire 120lb low inpedance injectors. im using the stock ecu with some load resistors so i dont ruin my injector driver. i just ohmed out my setup and the injectors alone are 3.5 ohms and my resistors are 6.7 ohms. thats a total of 10.2 ohms. stock injectors are 12.3 ohms. can this ruin my injector driver in the stock ecm? how will this resistance difference effect the way it runs?

i ask because my truck shows its super lean at idle. i add fuel and it wont even start and sometimes it will barely start but only if i have the foot on throttle and the afr's start to show up but not entirely. is the difference in resistance screwing it up or are these injectors really that bad? i am running e85 and the flow rates are correct and my stoich is adjusted to account for the more fuel and i have overlooked the tune many times and it shouldnt be running like this just because of the tune.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you read about all the trouble that these Chinese injectors are causing. It's not the ohms it's the injector. Get them flow checked I bet they have 25% variance across the set
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

never heard anything or read anything about them when i bought them. thats why i got them haha. if i would have known i never would have messed with these stupid things. ill be ordering new injectors tonight i guess
Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Lightbulb How about....

Originally Posted by T76s10
never heard anything or read anything about them when i bought them. thats why i got them haha. if i would have known i never would have messed with these stupid things. ill be ordering new injectors tonight i guess
A search???
Here's a quik one.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...injectors.html
Old 09-07-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
This was not up at the time i bought these. I have had these for a long time now and just tried them. I searched a **** load before i got them and had no results

Quick Reply: injector resistance