Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ECM/TCM fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM/TCM fuse

Ok went to the drag track last night, problem is when I shift from 1st to 2nd at higher RMP range the ECM/TCM fuse blows. No codes the car just shuts down. I can run 1st gear almost to redline no issue, same with every other gear and shift. Blowing the fuse only occurs on the 1st to 2nd shift. I tried going up in fuse size from a 10 to 15 with the same issue. Just started doing this so not sure whats going on. Any Idea's? On side note there was a V2 wagon running mid 11's and when we were leaving a V1 was being trailered in. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GFallen
when we were leaving a V1 was being trailered in. Thanks in advance.
Usually we're being trailered/towed OUT

Take a look at all the wiring looms to your wheel sensor modules, see if any have exposed wires, or might be grounding out someplace.

I had a problem where my car would intermittently not start, and it turned out that one of the wiring harnesses was rubbing on a braided line under the hood.

Check all your leads and wires to make sure nothings shorting out and rubbed raw. That's where I'd start.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any other ideas?? I can't be the first to have this happen...
Old 09-10-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a short somewhere to me.. if its only doing it in the 1-2 shift (which is the most brutal) id look at the MM first then start looking around the TC module harness and work my way out from there.

are you getting any clunk or thuds from the drivetrain when this happens.?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GFallen
Any other ideas?? I can't be the first to have this happen...
Not the first, but it's the best thing to do.

You say you've upgraded your headers, check along the pipes and see if something isn't melted to them, or that a wire loom doesn't come swinging back and make contact with them.

I didn't find my fuse problem, until one time at night I had my girlfriend just sit there with the key to the crank position, and I could finally find where it was shorting out from the smoke coming from the short.... seriously...

Not the best idea, but I was really f'ing pissed that night, and was to the point of not giving a **** anymore lol

Quick Reply: ECM/TCM fuse